The Bible clearly teaches that God cannot be contained in a building; neither should a church’s ministry be contained within a building. Instead, it should use its buildings as a platform from which it should launch its ministry into the community.
Help With New Construction or Renovations:
The State Board of Missions offers church building services to the congregations of the Alabama Baptist Convention in three basic ways:
1) We try to help churches to not over build.
2) We try to help churches to not under build.
3) We try to help churches to not mis-build.
Church Building Consultations:
To arrange for a free on-site consultation, contact State Missionary Mel Johnson toll free at 1-800-264-1225, ext 389, direct at 334-613-2389 or email: email@example.com.
The State Board of Missions is committed to help churches with Capital Fundraising needs as well. To find out more about capital fundraising campaigns, contact State Missionary Jim Swedenburg in the office of Cooperative Program & Stewardship Development at 1-800-264-1225, ext. 283, direct at 334-613-2283 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
State Board of Missions Resources:
• Constructing New Churches in Alabama: A Summary Guide
• List of Architects and Vendors Working in Alabama
• Church Facility Survey Opinionaire .pdf .doc
• Church Building Accessibility Survey
• Church Weekday Education Facility Details
• Guidelines for Church Signs
• Church Building Services Videos
• Rules of Thumb: Space and Dimension Recommendations
• Church Growth and Church Facilities
• The Planning and Building Process
• Selecting the Right Architect
• Student Ministry Space
• Preschool Guidelines
• Recommendations for Preschool Floors
• Recreation Facility Checklist
• Plan and Build with A Winning Attitude
• User Friendly Church
• LifeWay's Church Architecture Department
Church Buildings is a ministry of the office of Global Missions.